CAREERS AT COOP ALE WORKS
As our brewery continues to grow, we look forward to relocating and expanding the scope of our operations. As we grow into our new facilities, new concepts, new markets and new beers, one of our goals is to continue to build the root structure of our brands, our beers and our reputation as a leading craft brewery. We look for aggressive, passionate and talented team members who will embrace our culture and objectives and grow with us into the future.
Accounting SpecialistOklahoma City, OK
COOP Ale Works is a thirteen-year-old production/packaging craft brewery and craft beverage producer located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Distribution includes two dozen states and counting. As we grow into new concepts, new markets and new products, one of our goals is to continue to build the root structure of our brands, our products and our reputation as a leading craft brewery. We are looking to add aggressive, passionate, and talented team members who will embrace our culture and objectives and grow with us into the future.
The Accounting and Regulatory Specialist will assist with general accounting duties, Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP) processing, vendor inquiries and payments, distributor invoicing, regulatory reporting support and various administrative tasks.
- Check and process mail daily, log checks and assist with deposit preparation
- Process invoices, check requests and expense reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Process distributor billbacks in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain AP/AR records and files in accordance with company policies
- Communicate with vendors regarding payment status, invoice requests and inquiries as needed
- Work collaboratively to ensure timely and accurate ACH/check processing
- Compile supporting documents throughout the month for regulatory reporting by state
- Assist with the month-end closing process and various account reconciliations
- Other general duties as assigned
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls and policies
- Assist in driving continuous process and procedural improvements
- Absolute (don’t apply without these)
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Able to receive a license from Oklahoma ABLE Commission
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload to meet weekly/monthly deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Excel skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience using QuickBooks is a plus
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Desire to work hard, play hard and get things done
- Associates degree in accounting or related field, or college-level accounting coursework
- Manufacturing and food/beverage accounting experience
Salary and Benefits
COOP Ale Works offers competitive salaries based on experience. This position includes semi-annual reviews as well as merit-based bonuses, raises and profit sharing. We also offer a robust health insurance plan, 401k plan and match, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays and a continuing education program. Beer is an obvious perk.
If you’re passionate about beer and wish to apply for the position, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Include “Accounting Specialist” in the subject line.APPLY NOW