CAREERS AT COOP ALE WORKS
As our brewery continues to grow, we look forward to relocating and expanding the scope of our operations. As we grow into our new facilities, new concepts, new markets and new beers, one of our goals is to continue to build the root structure of our brands, our beers and our reputation as a leading craft brewery. We look for aggressive, passionate and talented team members who will embrace our culture and objectives and grow with us into the future.
Taproom SpecialistOklahoma City, OK
COOP Ale Works is an 11-year-old production/packaging craft brewery located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma’s heartbeat and home of a growing craft beer scene. Current distribution includes Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri and North Texas. Our brewery is in a rapid growth phase and expects to continue. As we grow into our upcoming expansion into the 23rd Street Armory building, one of our goals is to continue to build the root structure of our brands, our beers and our reputation as a leading craft brewery. We are looking to add aggressive, passionate and talented team members who will embrace our culture and objectives, and grow with us into the future.
The taproom specialist will assist in opening and closing the taproom, ensuring tapped beers meet quality expectations, create menu boards, ensure guests’ needs are met, assist during special events, maintain inventory and help educate guests on beers while serving them. The specialist may assist the Taproom Manager in production of specialty or taproom exclusive beers, as well as the back of house production staff with various back of house duties as needed.
Opening and Closing the Taproom
- Prep and tap kegs and backup kegs in refrigerated cold room
- Create menu boards with accurate information related to beers on tap and on deck
- Clean floors, taps, crowler machine, bar tops and other areas as needed
Taproom Open Hours
- Monitor custom flow and interactions to ensure safe, fun and positive experiences
- Educate guests regarding brewery and beer while serving them
- Monitor and ensure appropriate stock levels of beer, merchandise and glassware during fluctuating travel levels
- Assist in special events outside of normal taproom hours
- Assist in production of specialty and taproom exclusive beers
- Assist with back of house duties as needed
- Work to develop processes that increase efficiency, profit and fun
This position requires an individual who works under a range of circumstances, including: shift work, weekend work, work with challenging patrons, working in a fast-paced environment of a crowded taproom and working within close proximity of an operation brewery (noise, heavy equipment, odors related to the brewing process).
The Taproom Specialist will likely be required to stand for extended periods of time when overseeing taproom operations and/or serving as bartender. Specialist may also be required to lift boxes 35-60 lb. and move/empty full kegs.
Absolute (don’t apply without these)
- At least one year’s experience in restaurant, bar or hospitality
- Self-motivated, self-starter with ability to excel in instances of limited direction
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Dedicated sense of urgency and drive to achieve objectives
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Desire to work hard, play hard and get things done
Successful candidates should expect 20-30 hours per week at an hourly rate of $12 per hour plus tips. Resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.APPLY NOW