Posting Date – 11/28/17
Closing Date – 12/13/17
COOP Ale Works is a seven-year-old production/packaging craft brewery located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma’s heartbeat and home of a growing craft beer scene. Current distribution includes Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri and Texas. COOP currently employs one lead Sales Representative in Northeast Oklahoma and Arkansas markets and seeks a second Sales Representative to assist in this growing market. Our brewery is in a rapid growth phase and expects to continue distribution growth on our way to regional brewery status. As we grow into our newest facilities, new markets and new beers, one of our goals is to continue to build the root structure of our brands, our beers and our reputation as a leading craft brewery. We are looking to add aggressive, passionate and talented team members who will embrace our culture and objectives, and grow with us into the future.
• The Northeast Oklahoma Arkansas Sales Representative will work with our current area Sales Representative as well as our distribution partners throughout the territory to expand our in-market sales activities for on-premise (bars and restaurants) and off-premise (liquor stores, grocery stores and gas stations) retailers, to include customer development, customer retention, sales planning, events and product launches.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• 1-week operations immersion with staff at the brewery
• 2-week sales and events immersion with staff in Oklahoma City and Tulsa
• Assist Sales & Marketing Director in development and execution of strategic sales plans
• Day travel to Arkansas and non-Tulsa markets five days every month
• Build, maintain and enhance relationships with retailers
• Lead new product launch promotions with distributors and retailers
• Support retailers’ sales efforts through event promotions and attendance, point of sale materials development and delivery, co-branding opportunities, etc.
• Quarterly and annual development of local market business plans
• Periodic travel to future out-of-state markets to assist with new market launches
• Periodic attendance of sales and marketing staff meetings
• Work with marketing staff to develop retailer-specific product promotional materials, point of sale materials, event materials, etc.
• Coordinate, schedule and attend events throughout assigned territory
• Provide customer service support to retailers directly and via distributors
• Manage database records of potential, current and former retailers
• Manage, monitor and evaluate sales numbers as they relate to budgeted/forecasted sales
• Pursue, manage and adapt company and personal sales objectives
Absolute (don’t apply without these)
• At least two years’ experience in craft beer marketing, sales or hospitality management
• Self-motivated, self-starter with ability to excel in instances of limited direction
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Dedicated sense of urgency and drive to achieve objectives
• Ability to succeed in, and contribute to, a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying levels of importance and difficulty
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Available to work evenings and weekends
• Desire to work hard, play hard and get things done
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least four years’ experience in beer, wine, spirits or food industries
• Experience managing customer relationships and experiences
• Draft beer system build and troubleshooting knowledge
Salary and Benefits
COOP Ale Works offers competitive salaries based on experience. This position is paid through a combination of base pay and quarterly commissions. This position includes semi-annual reviews as well as merit-based bonuses, raises and profit sharing. We also offer a health insurance and retirement benefits package, paid vacation, sick leave, company vehicle and paid holidays.
If you’re passionate about beer and wish to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Include “Northeast Oklahoma and Arkansas Sales Representative” in the subject line.