Posting Date – 8/3/18
Closing Date – 9/2/18
COOP Ale Works is a nine-year-old production/packaging craft brewery located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma’s heartbeat and home of a growing craft beer scene. Current distribution includes Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri and Texas. Our brewery continues to grow, and we are looking forward to relocating and expanding the scope of our operations in the next couple years. As we grow into our new facilities, new concepts, new markets and new beers, one of our goals is to continue to build the root structure of our brands, our beers and our reputation as a leading craft brewery. We are looking to add aggressive, passionate and talented team members who will embrace our culture and objectives and grow with us into the future.
The Business Analyst will work with accounting, sales, marketing and management teams to collect and analyze data from all facets of the business. The primary responsibility will be to create useful intelligence from the data and provide insightful reporting for management to utilize with the goal of increasing company competitiveness, efficiencies and effectiveness. Key areas of focus will include finance, sales and the craft beer industry.
• 1-week operations immersion with staff at the brewery
• 1-week sales and events immersion with staff in Oklahoma City
• Collect daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual data from in-house and partner systems
• Create dashboard utilities for use by various teams
• Assist accounting and finance in the analysis of financial performance metrics
• Perform budget/forecast to actual variance analysis, capture and define drivers, develop improvement plans and assist various teams in implementation
• Assist sales team in the analysis of SKU, market, competitor and partner trends
• Perform ad hoc analysis for management teams and provide necessary analytics to drive strategic, operational, financial and tactical decision making
• Support accounting with entry duties and closing procedures
Absolute (don’t apply without these)
• Undergraduate degree
• Two years’ experience in supportive finance, accounting or business analysis role
• Firm understanding of accounting principles, financial statements and market economics
• Self-motivated, self-starter with ability to excel in instances of limited direction
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, problem solving and conflict resolution
• Dedicated sense of urgency and drive to achieve objectives
• Ability to succeed in, and contribute to, a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying levels of importance and difficulty
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Deep and broad executional knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Your friends and colleagues should consider you a spreadsheet wizard
• There will be an extensive Excel test during interviews, so don’t kid yourself
• Desire to work hard, play hard and get things done
• Advanced study in economics, finance and accounting
• Craft beer industry knowledge
Salary and Benefits
COOP Ale Works offers competitive salaries based on experience. This position includes semi-annual reviews as well as merit-based bonuses, raises and profit sharing. We also offer a robust health insurance plan, 401k plan and match, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays and a continuing education program. Beer is an obvious perk.
If you’re passionate about beer and wish to apply for the position, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Include “Business Analyst” in the subject line.