Posting Date – 10/11/17
Closing Date – 10/30/17
The Tap Room Specialist will assist in opening and closing the Tap Rom, ensure tapped beers meet quality expectations, create menu boards, ensure guests’ needs are met, assist during special events, maintain inventory and help educate guests on beers while serving them. The Specialist may assist the Tap Room Manager in production of specialty or Tap Room exclusive beers.
The successful candidates should expect to work 20-30 hours per week at an hourly rate of $12 per hour plus tips. Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com no later than Monday, Oct. 30.
Opening and Closing the Taproom
• Prep and tap kegs and backup kegs in refrigerated cold room.
• Create menu boards with accurate information related to beers on tap and on deck.
• Clean floors, taps, crowler machine, bar tops and other areas as needed.
Tap Room Open Hours
• Monitor customer flow and interactions to ensure safe, fun and positive experiences.
• Educate guests regarding brewery and beer while serving them.
• Monitor and ensure appropriate stock levels of beer, merchandise and glassware during fluctuating traffic levels.
• Assist in special events outside of normal Tap Room hours.
• Assist in scheduling and reserving food trucks, as well as coordinate upon arrival and departure to ensure proper setup and building security.
• Work to develop processes that increase efficiency, profit and fun!
This position requires an individual who works under a range of circumstances, including: shift work, weekend work, work with challenging patrons, working in the fast-paced environment of a crowded tap room and working within close proximity of an operating brewery (noise, heavy equipment, odors related to the brewing process).
The Tap Room Specialist will likely be required to stand for extended periods of time when overseeing tap room operations and/or serving as bartender. Specialist may also be required to lift boxes 35-60 lb. and move/empty full kegs.
Absolute (don’t apply without these)
• At least one years’ experience in restaurant, bar or hospitality
• Self-motivated, self-starter with ability to excel in instances of limited direction.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Dedicated sense of urgency and drive to achieve objectives.
• Available to work evenings and weekends.
• Desire to work hard, play hard and get things done.