Posting Date – 11/16/16
Closing Date – 12/5/16
COOP Ale Works is a seven-year old production/packaging craft brewery located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma’s heartbeat and home of a growing craft beer scene. Current distribution includes Nebraska, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri and North Texas. COOP is scheduled to launch in the Houston market in Spring 2017 and seeks a lead Sales Representative to assist in long-term market growth. Our brewery is in a rapid growth phase and expects to continue distribution growth toward a larger regional footprint. As we grow into our newest facilities, new markets and new beers, one of our goals is to continue to build the root structure of our brands, our beers and our reputation as a leading craft brewery. We are looking to add aggressive, passionate and talented team members who have the drive to embrace our culture and objectives, and grow with us into the future. The faint of heart need not apply.
- The Houston Sales Representative will lead our in-market sales activities for on-premise (bars and restaurants) and off-premise (liquor stores, grocery stores and gas stations) retailers, to include customer development, customer retention, sales planning, events and product launches.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- 1-week operations immersion with staff
- 2-week sales and events immersion with staff in Dallas, Tulsa or Kansas City
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in development and execution of strategic sales plans for the Houston market
- Build, maintain and enhance relationships with retailers
- Lead new product launch promotions with distributors and retailers
- Support retailers’ sales efforts through event promotions and attendance, point of sale materials delivery development and delivery, co-branding opportunities, etc.
- Quarterly and annual development of Houston market business plan
- Periodic travel to future Texas and Louisiana markets to assist with new market launches
- Quarterly travel to Oklahoma City for sales and marketing staff meetings
- Work with marketing staff to develop retailer-specific product promotional materials, point of sale materials, event materials, etc.
- Coordinate, schedule and attend events throughout Houston
- Provide customer service support to retailers directly and via distributors
- Manage database records of potential, current and former retailers
- Manage, monitor and evaluate sales numbers as they relate to budgeted/forecasted sales
- Pursue, manage and adapt company and personal sales objectives
- Absolute (don’t apply without these)
- At least two years’ experience in marketing, sales or hospitality management
- Self-motivated, self-starter with ability to excel in instances of limited direction
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Dedicated sense of urgency and drive to achieve objectives
- Ability to succeed in, and contribute to, a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying levels of importance and difficulty
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Availability and commitment to work evenings and weekends
- Desire to work hard, play hard and get things done
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least four years’ experience in beer, wine, spirits or food industries
- Experience managing customer relationships and experiences
- Draft beer system build and troubleshooting knowledge
- Residence in Houston area and familiarity with Houston geography
Salary and Benefits
COOP Ale Works offers competitive salaries based on experience. This position is paid through a combination of base pay and quarterly commissions. This position includes semi-annual reviews as well as merit-based bonuses, raises and profit sharing. We also offer 100% paid employee health and dental insurance plans, an investment matching contribution, paid vacation, sick leave, a branded company vehicle and paid holidays.
If you’re passionate about beer and wish to apply for the position, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Houston Sales Representative” in the subject line.