***CLOSED AND HIRED***
Posting Date – 7/16/15
Closing Date – 7/31/15
COOP Ale Works is a 6-year old production/packaging craft brewery located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma’s heartbeat and home of a growing craft beer scene. We recently completed an expansion that has tripled our physical space and immediate fermentation capacity, and should provide us a 4-6 year home. As we grow into new space, new markets and new beers, one of our goals is to build efficient and effective craft brewing operations that allow us to maximize our creative freedom, all while maintaining the highest quality standards in the business and delivering our faithful fans what they expect. We are looking to add aggressive, passionate and talented team members who have the drive to embrace our culture and objectives, and grow with us into the future. The faint of heart need not apply.
• The QA/QC and packaging specialist will play an integral role in all areas of quality assurance and quality control. This position will also take responsibility for and become proficient in all types of beer packaging.
• 1-week immersion with Operations, Regulatory and Sales teams
• 1-week immersion with Marketing, Events and Taproom teams
• Build and manage all brewery QA/QC procedures as guided by the Head Brewer
• Assist Head Brewer with development and implementation of QA/QC and laboratory programs
• Manage and maintain all laboratory and QA/QC equipment
• Proactively research, build and implement industry best QA/QC practices – process improvement
• Perform chemical, physical and microbial tests on fermenting, carbonating and packaged beer
• Execute weekly product tasting for shelf stability and flavor degradation
• Start-up, operate, break down, clean and sanitize canning line, bottling line, yeast propagation, centrifuge and related equipment
• Build weekly QA/QC summary and report to the Head Brewer
• Absolute (don’t apply without these)
o Self-motivated, self-starter with ability to excel in instances of limited direction
o Excellent interpersonal, communications, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
o Dedicated sense of urgency and drive to achieve objectives
o Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with varying levels of importance and difficulty
o Computer and software competency, proficiency in Excel
o Brewery level microbiology experience (yeast management, spoiler detection, etc.)
o Familiarity with sterility and sanitary processes
o Detail oriented and diligent record keeper
o Desire to work hard, play hard and get things done
o Food or beverage packaging systems and processes experience
o Food or beverage QA/QC programs experience
o Undergraduate degree – science or food related discipline
o Additional formal brewing education or advanced home brewing experience
Salary and Benefits
COOP Ale Works offers competitive salaries based on experience. This position includes semi-annual reviews as well as merit-based bonuses, raises and profit sharing. We also offer a benefits package, paid vacation, sick leave and paid holidays. Position eligible for relocation allowance, based on candidate qualifications and circumstances.
If you’re passionate about beer and wish to apply for the position, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Include “QA/QC and Packaging Specialist” in the subject line.